Are you interested in doing research on entrepreneurship, innovation, or family businesses? Are you smart, motivated, and a good team player? Do you want to learn how to publish papers in top-journals? Do you want to have close contact to practice while doing research? Do you want to live in one of the nicest areas in Germany, located besides a beautiful town (Koblenz) and being close to German metropolises such as Cologne and Frankfurt? … Then apply for one of two open PhD positions! For details, see below. Questions and applications should be directed to nadine.kammerlander [ AT ] whu.edu
WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management is a privately funded business school based in Vallendar/Koblenz and in Düsseldorf. It is a leading business school in Germany and is continuously ranked among the top business schools in Europe. WHU’s academic degree programs and executive education programs provide excellent educational opportunities for every career stage.
The Chair of Family Business invites applications for the position of two
Research Assistants / Doctoral Students (m/f)
located at the WHU Campus Vallendar, with a start date of November 1 or on mutual agreement
Research and Academic Programs at WHU
WHU is committed to excellence in management education concerning both learning and knowledge creation. Our commitment to excellence in research is based on three principles: quality, international orientation, and relevance for research and business practice. In this context, WHU offers a stimulating international environment. Our commitment to learning involves educating first-rate graduates and providing life-long learning opportunities.
- You work on your dissertation and the related publication. To do so, you work in a highly engaged and trust-based team and you will receive regular and comprehensive coaching by the faculty.
- You will develop skills to publish scientific publications for highly ranked international refereed journals.
- You have the opportunity to work closely with international and well-known researchers, e.g., at partner universities of the WHU.
- You participate in the dissertation program of the WHU.
- You are involved in ongoing research- and practice-oriented projects.
- You are engaged in teaching, practical projects, and administration, to a degree that allows you to focus your concentration on your dissertation project.
- Master degree with distinction in management, economics, or related disciplines.
- Enthusiasm for research and excellent analytical skills.
- Team spirit, social competence, and proactiveness.
- Excellent English communication and writing skills.
WHU is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from international candidates
Please send your application via email to:
WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management
Prof. Dr. Nadine Kammerlander
Burgplatz 2, 56179 Vallendar, Germany
nadine.kammerlander [ AT ] whu.edu
Applications will be considered until the positions are filled.